A free medical clinic for the working uninsured that provides primary health care with compassion and dignity to Coffee, Franklin, and Moore Counties of Southern Middle Tennessee.
History: Partners for Healing was organized in November 2001 to provide free primary healthcare to a population of low income, working uninsured. Started by area community leaders, the clinic was initiated to improve access to healthcare. The patient population has grown to over 1300 individuals of record.
Services: Clinic services include acute and chronic care visits, medication assistance, diagnostic testing, mental health counseling, specialty referral, and diabetic disease management. There is no charge to the patient for services inside the clinic.
In 2016 we had:
- 466 Individual Patients
- 1,604 Practitioner Visits
- 273 Chronic Disease Visits
- 109 Ultrasounds
- 38 Screening Mammograms
- 2,099 Total Office Contacts
Why is Partners Important to Our Community
Business and Industry
- Accessible health care reduces absenteeism
- Cost effective to retain a healthy workforce
- A healthy workforce is a productive workforce
- We provide health education for uninsured family members
- Reduces primary care visits by the uninsured to emergency rooms
- Frees-up the emergency rooms by providing consistent primary and chronic medical care to the uninsured
- Reduces hospital operating costs that may be passed on to local health care consumers
- We “partner” with you to meet the unmet medical needs of the uninsured
Current Strategies Used to Improve Patient Wellness
Chronic Disease Self-Management
Approximately 30% of clinic patients have been diagnosed with Hypertension and 13% with Diabetes. Our team approach is to teach patients to self manage their disease, allowing them to decrease the number of acute illnesses and complications from non-adherence. Individual instruction and education are provided to our patients through curriculum that is evidence based, i.e. ADA guidelines.
We focus on preventative care in the forms of:
- Well woman / man exams
- Diagnostic Screenings
- Education regarding their current disease process